svchost.exe 99% CPU usage

I did not think I would have the same issues with Windows Vista. But apparently, I am...

There are tons of searches for
svchost.exe 99% CPU usage in Google and most are related to Windows XP. But not too many, if any at all are related to Vista. Well, maybe I am the first person to come across this issue so I am posting about it. I submitted a comment to the Windows Vista Blog this morning related to my issue. All of the searching I have done has come up with 2 yr old issues that were related to XP and not Vista.

For now, I've disabled Windows Updates because this seems to be the problem. Svchost.exe is a Windows process that is used multiple times within the Operating System. Its not possible to completely disable svchost but there are ways to disable certain services that use it.

Stay tuned for any updates. I know I am not the only person with this issue.

Comments

No responses to “svchost.exe 99% CPU usage”

Post a Comment

 
Computer Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory My Zimbio Privacy Policy