One more class left, why not take Linux?

So after this semester, I have to take one more elective to graduate with my BSAS-IT degree from USF. It can be any upper-level course but I figured that I would stay true to form and finish up with an IT course if possible. After looking through many courses, I figured that Linux would be a perfect fit since most of the hacking tools I have been learning about seem to use some form of Linux and I really do not know too much about the OS. 

To get ready for Linux, I installed a Linux OS version called
Kubuntu since it somewhat resembles using a Windows based GUI. I will play around with this version before class starts in January to get the feel for some commands. I also installed BackTrack penetration testing tool so I can begin to learn it as I am learning Linux. I am still contemplating the specific road to travel in the IT Security world and becoming an ethical hacker is one option. I plan on studying for some certification exams once my degree is complete. More to come on these tests later....stay tuned for more information on my Linux class coming up soon.


Comments

No responses to “One more class left, why not take Linux?”

Post a Comment

 
Computer Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory My Zimbio Privacy Policy